Sunday, August 10, 2008

My First Pie


Many of you know I don't cook. I just don't like it and am very grateful for Jeff because he keeps me fed.

Despite this, I DO love to bake. I make a mean double chocolate chip cookie! :-)

Well, for 2008, one of my goals was to bake a pie from scratch. I had never done that before. Guess I just concentrated on cookies and cakes. Maybe the fresh fruit part bothered me.

In the summer issue of Victoria magazine, there were many great recipes, one for cherry tartlets. Well, I had just bought a bag of sweet cherries and decided to make my first pie. (I don't have tart cups yet, but I do have a Pyrex 9" pie dish.) Jeff took a picture of me while I was getting the crust ready.

Trimming the excess dough around the pie plate.

Here are the mixed ingredients before it all came together.

And the final product: Yummy almond cherry pie!

No comments: