Sunday, May 24, 2009

Another Busy Summer Ahead

This time last year, I listed all the activities I planned to do over summer break. I am not so sure that I will be able to do as many varied things, because I have already filled my calendar until August.

I am involved in not one, but two musicals this summer. "Honky Tonk Angels" features the music of the early girls of country: Loretta Lynn, Tammy Wynette, and Dolly Parton, among others. Musically, it's not very complicated, but it's going to be fun. This is the country music I was raised on, so I know and like most of the songs already.

The second show, "Into the Woods," weaves the stories of Cinderella, Rapunzel, Little Red Riding Hood, and other fairy-tale characters together. The music is quite challenging, but the assembled cast has a great deal of talent, and we are all excited to see how it's going to turn out.

No comments: